Take a look at your most recent text messages. Are emojis used? Most definitely! Emojis have entered the world of marketing and are trending! From uplifting email subject lines to allowing consumers to easily order Dominos by messaging a pizza emoji. Emojis are everywhere!
However the real question here is how can digital marketers use emojis effectively in their email campaigns to increase their open rate and audience engagement. Firstly there are a few things to assess before spraying your subject lines with emojis.
- Begin with understanding your audience and associating demographics. Ensure that your emojis are aligned with the correct consumers and that they comprehend the meanings of the image.
- Avoid creating confusing messages. Too many emojis or the wrong type can create confusion and push back potential consumers rather than pull them in. Emojis are a new marketing tool so align them correctly to your strategy.
- Use emojis to encourage engagement. Emojis can be a clever way to draw attention to a call-to-action, amplify emotional triggers or a begin conversation. Placing an emoji in your email’s subject line can also save space and allow your email to stand out from a crowded inbox.
- Use emojis to add a personal touch to your email campaign. Emojis can give brands a natural extension of voice and personality. However remember that not all emojis can be used for every scenario. Apply emojis to a criteria of relevance, occurrence, audience understanding, and whether the use of an emoji will improve the conveyance of your message.
- Finally understanding the appropriate time and place to use emojis is essential. Certain industries can not freely use emojis due to professionalism and tone so knowing when to exclude the images is key.
So with these tips in mind would you consider using emojis in your next email campaign? Let me know below!